Working closely with the Engineering and Projects Customer Stream, the Senior Estimator would be responsible for preparing first principle estimates, budgets, cost plans and assisting with leading bids for challenging and diverse projects.
Culture & Benefits:
- Career Development Opportunities
- Family Focused Events
- Northern Suburbs location
- And so much more!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review RFT, RFP and RFQ documentation to determine requirements in the planning of tender estimation preparation, development, and submissions
- Assist in developing lists of required pricing components and identify associated subcontractors and suppliers
- Maintain a centralised cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating
- Participate in internal reviews and provide advice on risks and opportunities associated with the tender
- Develop lists of required pricing components and identify associated subcontractors and suppliers
- Preparation of project take-offs
- Cost estimating (using Cost X) and preparation of all relating tender schedules
- Development of tender programs with the submission of detailed bids to stakeholders
- Develop construction methodologies
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other key stakeholders, keeping them updated with progress of work and any unanticipated amendments
- Provide detailed handovers to the delivery project teams
- Mentor junior estimators on projects and how to best approach specific situations
Skills & Experience:
- Degree qualifications in quantity surveying or related discipline
- Proven experience in a Senior Estimating role, specifically with Structural Engineering experience will be beneficial
- Proficient computing skills including MS Word, advanced Excel, Powerpoint, Cost X (preferred) and preferably CAD and quantity take-off software such as Bluebeam or Civil 3D
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including a good phone manner and positive relationships with a network of South Australian suppliers and subcontractors.
- Proven time management skills, with the ability to work autonomously on multiple projects, work to deadlines and take ownership of your projects
Apply now and find out more
To register your interest, please forward your current resume via the application link.
For a confidential conversation please contact the office
Phone: 08 8232 8008
Follow us on: