Based in Port Pirie South Australia reporting to the Branch Manager, the key objective of this role will be to manage Capital Projects including the design, procurement and construction functions on designated project work to ensure completion within time, cost, safety and environmental constraints to achieve profit objectives.
- Contribute to delivering the projects on time and within budget by overseeing and monitoring works against schedule
- Provide a consistent and transparent approach to the management of projects and programs, embedding this into the ways of working with ongoing support, guidance and training, to ensure that consistency, quality, value for money and rigour is achieved across projects
- Support administering contracts and implementing subcontractor agreements
- Monitor status of projects within the program, including project budget and scheduling, and adjust as required to ensure overall program objectives are achieved
- Establish project reporting requirements and frequency, to facilitate accurate program status reporting to the Capital Works Steering Committee, including financial reporting
- Monitor performance ensuring safety, efficiency and quality
This role is a great opportunity to closely work with a dynamic team while applying technical skills to contribute to the project delivery and best practice. The role requires building a collaborative relationship internally and externally with various key stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications ideally in structural or mechanical engineering, construction project management or related discipline
- Previous experience in construction or mining industry in project or development management roles
- Sound knowledge of the relevant legislation, regulations and Australian Standards
- Proficient in project management suite or software, ERP systems and project management platforms
- Interested in ongoing personal development and growth
- Drivers Licence
- Management and leadership abilities
- Possess strong IT, Microsoft suite, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to pass a Drug and Alcohol and Fit for work assessment
Apply now and find out more
Sound interesting? Please click the apply button to register your interest with your resume, ideally in word format.
For more information or a confidential chat, please feel free to call us on 08 8232 8008
To stay updated regarding our job opportunities or positions of interest, follow us by clicking the link below: