Davies Stewart is happy to announce they are partnering with a prominent South Australian Construction Company to find a Project Manager to join their Civil team. McMahon Services is committed to employing for the long term rather than just for projects. The Project Manager is responsible for the management and delivery of projects that exceed the client's expectations and meet McMahons contractual obligations.
- Review the effectiveness of the subcontractors and implement improvements as required.
- Drive and support contract management.
- Manage contractors and other project vendors and services suppliers.
- Monitor and review progress reports to ensure, but not limited to, resourcing, financials, schedules, align to the project program and with broader business goals.
- Recommend and, where agreed, implement business process improvements.
- Work collaboratively with Management in providing best for business' solutions to project issues.
- Optimise and improve processes and the overall approach where necessary.
- Apply relevant McMahon Services systems and procedures and approve new site procedures/ instructions where necessary.
- Oversee and review subcontractors process to ensure compliance including but not limited to having appropriate licenses and insurances prior to starting works.
- Undertake fair and effective negotiations with clients as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Formal or informal Education in Project Management
- Formal or informal Education in Engineering, Finance, or Management
- Hold a current White Card
- Hold a current driver's license
- Have a clean police record and ability to obtain DCSI and Defence clearance
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgement, as demonstrated throughout previous work experience
- Proficient in project management suite of software (e.g., Microsoft professional suite, MS Project, Primavera), ERP systems (e.g., Pronto, SAP, Oracle e-business) and project management platforms (e.g., InEight, Aconex, Procore)
- Strong safety focus and knowledge
- Team player, flexible and adaptable to changing needs and demands
- Persistent, motivated and driven, good time management and adherence to agreed costs, schedules and timeframes
- Capacity to manage high stress situations
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Leadership skills
- Big-picture thinking and vision
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Conflict resolution skills
- Have good understanding of Australian Standards (AS)
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Excellent communication and numeracy skills
To register your interest, please forward your current resume via the application link.
Phone: 08 8232 8008
Follow us on: