About the company
Zoo’s SA are proud to welcome more than half a million people through their gates each year and are not slowing down. For more than a hundred years, visitors from all over the world have been experiencing the wonder of wildlife at Adelaide Zoo. Zoos SA is a not-for-profit conservation charity that exists to connect people with nature and save species from extinction.
Culture & Benefits
- Three Year Fixed Term Contract
- Full time hours, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Phone, Laptop and uniform provided
- Membership to Zoos SA & Access to discounted member tickets
- Annual flu vaccinations & Health Checks
- Work amongst the animals – Office located within the Adelaide Zoo
- Travel to Monarto Zoo Regularly (Mileage Claimable)
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Community Engagement, the General Manager of Zoo Learning will be responsible for the design, implementation and evaluation of formal and informal learning programs at Adelaide Zoo and Monarto Safari Park. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in environment and conservation, and will be able to drive and promote this within the zoo to implement positive change that will connect people to nature.
- Oversee the design, delivery and reporting of formal and informal learning strategies to achieve strategic planning goals.
- Design professional learning for educators reflecting modern education trends, curriculum and education for sustainability principles.
- Identify learning strategies and priorities based on engaging and modern teaching for effective learning principles including digital learning.
- Lead innovative change via effective evaluation, research and values forming strategies.
- Improve customer service and communication to clients by incorporating new and traditional styles of communication.
- Achieve corporate business outcomes based on strategic priorities and develop sound inter-departmental relationships.
- Design and manage budgets to achieve business, learning and on-ground conservation objectives.
- Design, maintain and report through the project cycle for relevant infrastructure and learning projects.
- Maximise Zoos SA resources by partnering with internal departments.
- Seek funding from external organisations to innovate and improve learning outcomes for students and teachers.
- Maintain government relations, community programs and partnerships to achieve strategic goals.
Skills, Experience & Requirements
- A Degree in Education or Environmental Conservation related fields or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Demonstrated experience within previous positions in Environmental fields, Nature Land Management and/or Conservation.
- The ability to drive and promote environmental and conservation issues within the zoo.
- Established knowledge of and experience in curriculum learning, design and assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver innovative and engaging teaching and learning solutions focussing on learning supported by innovative educational technologies and to manage strategic change in teaching and learning.
- The ability to build rapport and understand educators’ motivators and constraints.
- A passion for understanding and promoting student engagement.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills including the ability to motivate, influence and coach staff to achieve effective business outcomes.
- Experience in project deliverables that have demonstrable impact on teaching and learning.
- Advanced written & verbal communication skills.
- Hold a current DCSI or DHS Child-Related Employment clearance and a National Police Clearance.
Apply now and find out more
To register your interest in this role, forward your current resume to email@example.com, via our website at www.daviesstewart.com/job-search, or via the link below, or call 08 8232 8008 for more information. Your confidential application will be acknowledged with an email from us explaining our process.