About the company
It’s an exciting time in Australia’s Defence industry, and our client is at the forefront of a joint venture to provide Australian’s Defence industry with securing sustainable employment.
About the role
This role reports to the CEO and Accounting Manager and will be responsible for the accounting and financial functions across a major joint venture. You will manage the delivery of functional objectives by providing leadership and direction to team members.
- Oversee the management of the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions;
- Ensuring invoicing and revenue recognition are in accordance with contracts and policies;
- Manage the bank account and cash flow expectations of the JV;
- Preparation and posting periodic accounting journal entries and reconciliations;
- Reconciling both USD and AUD accounting ledgers to ensure accuracy of financial records;
- Completion of month end close processes, labour and other cost accounting analysis.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports including internal financial reports and reports to the board of directors regarding financial matters;
- Preparation of year-end financial statements for the JV;
- Assist with financial processing of contract change orders;
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts;
- Reporting on Outlooks, Walks, Forecasts, Annual Budgets and Utilisation.
- Support the annual audit of NSI with respect of the JV partners;
- Meet all legal and internal control requirements relating to the above work.
Skills and experience
- Accounting degree required;
- CA/CPA required;
- Minimum 7 years of hands-on accounting experience;
- Experience managing staff;
- SAP experience essential;
- Highly organised, detail-focused, strong analytical skills;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Team worker and ability to work and communicate harmoniously with other employees;
- Excellent computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, and able to learn proprietary systems/applications quickly and easily.
Culture & Benefits
- Emerging Defence industry
- Be a part of the biggest Defence program in Australia’s history
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Make the role your own in this newly created role
Apply now or find out more
If you are ready to register your interest in this role, forward your current resume to email@example.com, via our website at www.daviesstewart.com/job-search, or via the link below, or call 08 8232 8008 for more information. Your confidential application will be acknowledged by email and shortlisted applicants will be contacted by phone.