About the company
Join a not for profit member services organisation whose vision is to create an environment where healthcare professionals are valued and respected throughout the workplace and in the wider community. A well-appointed, modern office building is located in the north western suburbs of Adelaide, and the organisation offers a collaborative and fun culture and the flexibility to enjoy a work/life balance.
Culture & Benefits
- On-site parking
- Growing, professional organisation
- 1 x personal day off per month
- Once passed probation (6 months), the organisation will match additional super contributions of up to 6%
- Enjoy shared values of Unity, Passion & Compassion, Excellence, Respect, Integrity & Justice, Diversity, and Organisational Growth.
About the role
The Finance Manager will report to the Director of Operations and Strategy, and is responsible for leading the finance, facilities, and membership teams. The role is critical to ensure the efficient and timely delivery of services to internal and external stakeholders. You will promote a culture with an internal customer focus and work collaboratively with staff at all levels of the business within a broad range of organisational teams.
- Ensure accurate and timely accounting services are provided by the Finance team
- Provide guidance and leadership, and manage performance and skill development of the finance team
- Prepare, lodge and be accountable for statutory returns including BAS, FBT and Annual Accounts
- Manage annual budget preparation for all teams within the organisation, and its relevant stakeholders
- Prepare and present monthly financial reports to the organisation's Audit & Risk Committee for the approval of the Director, Operations and Strategy'.
- Undertake cash flow budgeting, monitoring and management and report to the Director, Operations and Strategy
- Manage the organisations' investments and assets within the decisions of Council and the Executive management team
- Manage the organisations financial products including bank accounts, loan accounts, credit cards and term deposits
- Monitor regular financial transactions and bank accounts to ensure transactions are appropriate and mitigate any risks identified, and notify the Director, Operations and Strategy of any identified risks
- Provide advice to the Director, Operations and Strategy on investments, liabilities, asset acquisition and financial risks
- Manage organisational debt collection risk and internal loan schemes including monitoring debtor activity, directing the debt collection company and providing advice to the Director, Operations and Strategy
- Manage financial projects to ensure best outcomes of the organisation and its staff
- Develop financial policies, procedures and be accountable for their operation after approval
Skills and experience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a Finance Manager
- Qualified CA or CPA - tertiary qualifications in a relevant field such as Accounting, Finance or Commerce
- Demonstrated experience in managing accounting functions including payroll, accounts receivable and payable, budgeting and asset management
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Experience planning, implementing & managing effective organisation-wide processes, and demonstrated success in influencing business decisions
- Ability to fulfil organisational statutory reporting and compliance requirements
- Ability to work within a team and to provide leadership to others, whilst being self-directed within that environment
- Ability to confidently interact and work collaboratively with staff at all levels within a broad range of organisational teams whilst building strong business relationships
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and the ability to use your initiative to produce timely and quality results
- Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills and able to consult and provide advice to all levels of the organisation
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage your own workload, meet deadlines and highly adaptable to change
- Ability to identify issues and propose solutions
- Hold, or be willing to apply for a current Criminal History Clearance'
Apply now and find out more
If you are ready to register your interest in this role, forward your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, via our website at www.daviesstewart.com/job-search, or via the link below, or call 08 8232 8008 for more information. Your confidential application will be acknowledged by email and shortlisted applicants will be contacted by phone.