Davies Stewart is happy to announce they are partnering with a prominent South Australian Construction Company to find an Estimating Manager. As a member of the senior leadership team; the Estimating Manager is responsible for the performance and quality of all pre-contract team resources within the unit.
This role will undertake people management responsibilities including but not limited to attraction and retention, employee management including performance management and undertaking performance review of their direct reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review all the tenders, conduct detailed analysis of opportunities to select and recommend the best opportunities to proceed with.
- Identify and communicate all the commercial risks and opportunities as part of the handover stage from tendering to delivery.
- In consultation with the Executive General Manager, employ, review performance, and manage all the estimation and environmental engineering resources within the business unit.
- Attend all the post award meetings with the clients to ensure quality handover to the construction team.
- Lead the handover meetings among tendering, construction, and client operation teams.
- Ensure WHSEQ requirements are understood, considered, and applied in all the estimating works.
- Oversee stakeholders, communications, and Industrial relations requirements, ensure business compliance.
- Lead initiatives to identify and address issues before they arise, with the aptitude and flexibility for taking on new challenges.
- Provide consistent leadership, focusing on the development and success of the Estimating team as a whole
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 10 years' experience in major construction/infrastructure project delivery preferably in the decommissioning / civil engineering space
- Strong understanding of project management within the construction industry
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgement, as demonstrated throughout previous work experience
- Proficient in project management suite of software, with proven ability to produce technical reports and documents to deliver presentations
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously within high stress situations
- Tertiary and preferably advanced education in Engineering, Finance, or Management
- Current White Card and ability to obtain DCSI and Defence clearance
- Excellent knowledge of WHSEQ
Culture & Benefits:
- Value thoughts, opinions and experiences of all team members
- Recognition of team members
- Family focused
Apply now and find out more
Sounds interesting? Please click the apply button to register your interest with your resume, ideally in word format
For more information or a confidential chat, please feel free to call us on 08 8232 8008
To stay updated regarding our job opportunities or positions of interest, follow us by clicking the link below: