Southern Regional Waste Resource Authority (SRWRA) is a regional subsidiary established by the Cities of Onkaparinga, Marion and Holdfast Bay, responsible for providing and operating waste management services including the SRWRA Landfill and Recycling Operation.
SRWRA is one of the State's major landfill operations currently receiving over 100,000 tonnes of waste annually. With its joint venture partners, they are creating innovative solutions to their recycling programs and reducing waste to landfill.
Culture & Benefits
- 3 year contract role with a competitive salary
- Contribute to a dynamic new vision to deliver innovative and sustainable waste management solutions
- Be part of a culture that values integrity, innovation, and growth
- Southern location, parking on site
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Corporate Services Manager will be responsible for managing business support services including; finance and accounts, business planning, information technology, human resources, project management, WHS, risk management, office administration, Board and corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
- Lead the strategic development of the Business Unit in the context of the SRWRA's objectives and particularly the Organisation's pursuit of business excellence and service responsiveness
- Ensure appropriate and contemporary Board and corporate governance including; implementation of policies and procedures, coordination and maintenance of the risk register, administration support to the Board and Audit Committee and financial, performance and WHS and IM reporting
- Establish and maintain key communication with stakeholders and communities
- Improve and increase the diversity of materials accepted at SRWRA and maximise waste avoidance, re-use, recycling and recovery opportunities prior to landfill disposal
- Monitor financial and operational performance with a view for the long-term financial sustainability of the Authority
- Establish and monitor annual budget, long term Financial Plan and future capping and post-closure liabilities to maximise the use of the SRWRA site, assets and infrastructure
- Ensure contemporary management systems, analysis and reporting are in place for WHS and EPA compliance
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline such as Accounting/Finance or Business Management
- At least three years of management experience
- Financial operational budgeting, planning, management, analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of local government processes, Board governance and regulatory compliance management
- Business case and financial modelling analysis and preparation
- Board reporting and processes
- Preparation of annual budgets and business plans
- Complex contract management and high level agreements
- Procurement including overseeing Tender processes
- Ability to identify solutions to complex problems
- Stakeholder management
- A valid Driver's Licence
Apply now and find out more
To register your interest in this role, forward your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, via our website at www.daviesstewart.com/job-search, or via the link below, or call 08 8232 8008 for more information. Your confidential application will be acknowledged with an email from us explaining our process.