About the Role
Be a part of the biggest Defence program in Australia’s history. Our client is a part of a joint venture that will provide the Defence industry with, and secure sustainable employment in South Australia for many years to come.
As Commercial Manager you will lead the contracting and commercial function for the joint venture. You will be responsible for the development and fulfilment of contracting arrangements, including the conduct and management of tendering and procurement processes. This role will see you work across a range of functional areas to provide commercial and contracts advice including assessment and oversight of contract compliance. The role will be involved in financial management activities which will be supported by an onsite Accountant.
- Accountable for the Company Secretary role including attending Board meetings and preparing papers
- Leads the contracting and commercial function
- Participate in the management of performance reporting including leading the performance reporting for all subcontracts
- Under limited direction, be accountable for the performance and results of a sub-group
- Manage the delivery of functional objectives by providing leadership and direction to team members
- Participate in the development of functional strategy and partially responsible for some global processes and procedures
- Effectively design, assign and maintain accountabilities to schedule, budget and commitments
Skills and experience
You will have sound knowledge of commercial procurement, budgets and managing activities to improve financial performance plus experience managing commercial issues such as IP, export control and regulatory and compliance activities. You will be comfortable developing risk management strategies to mitigate project and corporate risks. An understanding of Commonwealth procurement and Defence contracting would be an advantage but not essential. Highly developed negotiation and relationship management skills are essential along with a Bachelors Degree in Law or Business, with Post Graduate qualifications desirable.
Apply now and find out more
To register your interest in this role, forward your current resume to email@example.com, via our website at www.daviesstewart.com/job-search, or via the link below, or call 08 8232 8008 for more information. Your confidential application will be acknowledged with an email from us explaining our application process.