Davies Stewart is excited to announce we are currently recruiting a Civil Team Member for the City of Norwood, Payneham & St. Peters.
The successful candidate will work within a small multiskilled team, undertaking a range of different tasks. This includes, pothole patching, road pavement repairs, kerb and watertable reconstruction, footpath paving, sign installations and collection of illegally dumped hard rubbish. The role involves working with bitumen, asphalt, concrete, paving blocks and associated materials.
Further to this, the successful candidate will require a Work Zone Traffic Management Ticket and MR License. Works are often carried out in close proximity to traffic and, as such, Team Members are required to be familiar with appropriate work zone traffic management practices and implement appropriate measures at each work site.
- Undertaking various tasks involved in the maintenance of the City's road, footpath and drainage infrastructure and associated items.
- Undertaking various tasks involved in minor civil construction activities, such as the construction of driveway crossovers, pram ramp installations and footbridge repairs.
- Removing obstructions to roads and footpaths
- Preparing and placing forms for concreting, paving and asphalt works;
- Placing, screening and finishing concrete
- Removing and installing road and street signs
- Setting out work zone traffic management signs and devices
- MR truck license
- Work zone traffic management certificate
- Trade certificate in a field relevant to the position (desirable)
- Plant competencies (depending on classification): skid steer loader (LS), front end loader (LL), backhoe (LB), forklift (LF).
Skills & Experience:
- Good time management and organisational skills
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- High level of knowledge of civil works best practice
- General knowledge of the principles of Occupational Health and Safety
- Sound knowledge of good customer service principles
Requirements for successful candidate:
- Successful candidates will be required to sit a Drug & Alcohol test.
- Successful candidates will be required to gain a DHS Working with Children Clearance.
Apply now and find out more
Sounds interesting? Please click the apply button to register your interest with your resume, ideally in word format
For more information or a confidential chat, please feel free to call us on 08 8232 8008
To stay updated regarding our job opportunities or positions of interest, follow us by clicking the link below: