Reporting to the Business Manager - Civil Engineering, the successful candidate will be responsible for preparing first principle estimates, budgets, cost plans and assisting and leading bids for challenging and diverse civil projects, you will help mentor junior estimators and you'll celebrate in the success of the team.
You will be supported by a high performing team and you'll be able to communicate well with suppliers, subcontractors, and our operational staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review RFT, RFP and RFQ documentation to determine requirements and assist in the planning of tender estimation preparation, development, and submission.
- Assist in developing lists of required pricing components and identify associated subcontractors and suppliers.
- Maintain a centralised cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating.
- Participate in internal reviews and provide advice on risks and opportunities associated with the tender.
- Preparation of project "take-offs"
- Cost estimating and preparation of all relating tender documents
- Submission of detailed bids
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other key stakeholders
- Provide detailed handovers to the Civil project team
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years' experience
- Proficient computing skills including word, advanced excel, powerpoint and preferably CAD and quantity take-off software such as Bluebeam, Civil 3D or preferably Estim8
- Experience in Earthworks, roads, bridges and service estimates
- The ability to work to deadlines and take ownership of your projects
- High level of interpersonal skills including a good phone manner and positive relationships with a network of South Australian Suppliers and Subcontractors.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects
Culture & Benefits:
- Value thoughts, opinions and experiences of all team members
- Recognition of team members
- Family focused
Apply now and find out more
Sounds interesting? Please click the apply button to register your interest with your resume, ideally in word format
For more information or a confidential chat, please feel free to call us on 08 8232 8008
To stay updated regarding our job opportunities or positions of interest, follow us by clicking the link below: