We are seeking a flexible accredited Level 1 or 2 Building Surveyor, to assist with current project work. Duties will require you to undertake building assessments and inspections of land where development is proposed, in progress or completed to ensure it is compliant with approved plans and conditions of approval. You must have demonstrated experience working in Local Government and proficient in the use of Pathway and ECM software. Located east of Adelaide, working days will vary from 1 to 5 days per week for 4 weeks minimum, with potential to continue.
Culture and Benefits
- Immediate start!
- Potential to extend
- Great location
- Get paid weekly!
- Undertake building assessments
- Undertake inspections of land where development is proposed, in progress or completed to ensure compliance with approved plans and conditions of approval
- Respond to complaints relating to development matters and alleged breaches of building legislation
- Resolve outstanding development compliance matters
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- Negotiate with applicants, architects, developers and the public to achieve appropriate compliance outcomes
- Provide customer service at the front desk as required
Skills and Experience
- Accredited Level or Level 2 Building Surveyor qualifications
- Demonstrated experience as a Building Surveyor in Local Government
- Accreditation as an Assistant Building Surveyor or Building Surveying Technician
- Familiar with and able to use Pathway and ECM Software
- Hold a current Drivers licence
- Able to read and interpret complex technical drawings and specifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including drafting legal notices
- Excellent customer service skills and able to handle conflict
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to plan, prioritise and coordinate workloads
- Self-motivated and able to adhere to deadlines
- A dedicated team player
Apply Now and Find Out More
To register your interest, please forward your current resume via the application link, or one of the following methods; www.daviesstewart.com/job-search, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08 8232 8008 for more information. Your confidential application will be acknowledged by email explaining our application process.