See the joy in the faces of the people you assist as they achieve life goals, assisted by education and support pathways. An opportunity to make a tangible and visible difference in our communities.
About the company
Lead a newly created Behaviour Support program and a team of Practitioners in an organisation who want to change their communities for the better. The inclusive focused program encourages choices through education and support pathways and puts the person first, respecting individual choices.
Culture & Benefits ·
- Lead Practitioners in a newly established program
- Community inclusion focus in the disability sector
- Flexible hours available
About the role
You will be an experienced Behaviour Support Practitioner and use your clinical expertise to build community relationships and networks, promoting the services to a range of stakeholders. You will be passional about clinical excellence and delivering quality inclusion outcomes and enjoy a mix of leadership and hands on clinical delivery.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated understanding on the importance of building inclusive communities supporting people in the disability sector
- Knowledge of best practice principles and support strategies for people with intellectual disability, significant behaviour issues and autism spectrum disorder
- Extensive experience in positive behaviour support and delivering support plans
- Sound knowledge of the NDIS and the advantages and challenges faced by individuals and families
- Experience providing informative and interactive behavioural intervention workshops in a variety of settings including in schools and kindergartens, and to families and therapists
- Knowledge of legislation and policy settings and how they impact people living with a disability
- Well-developed networks within the sector
- Previous leadership experience with clinical teams
- Tertiary degree in allied health (Occupational Therapist, Speech Pathologist, Developmental Education, Social Work or equivalent)
- Registered with the NDIA as a Behaviour Support Practitioner
- Registered with the appropriate National Body
You will manage your own diary and travel throughout metropolitan Adelaide plus some intrastate travel may be required. Flexible work hours are available .
Apply now and find out more
To register your interest in this role, forward your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, via our website at www.daviesstewart.com/job-search, or via the link below, or call 08 8232 8008 for more information. Your confidential application will be acknowledged with an email from us explaining our process