About the Organisation
Join the City of Port Lincoln where their vision is to be "A progressive, vibrant and safe coastal city that is an attractive place in which to live, work and grow”.
About the role
The Manager Infrastructure and Projects is required to provide high-level management and leadership and is responsible for planning, design, delivery and maintenance of the Council’s infrastructure and projects functions.
- Provide high-level management and leadership to Councils infrastructure and projects functions
- Responsible for planning, design, delivery and maintenance of the Council’s civil and built infrastructure and major projects as well as the Councils property portfolio and commercial services
- Make complex judgements and recommendations based on advanced analytical and creative thought
- Influence a number of internal and external stakeholders through policy application and development
- Significant planning, high-level project management and consultation
- Participate in the implementation of the City of Port Lincoln WHS & Risk Management Plan
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications - Civil Engineering, Building, Project Management and/or significant experience in a similar role.
- Relevant skills and experience in the management and delivery of civil assets and infrastructure projects and services inc. knowledge of relevant Acts, Regulations and legislation
- Demonstrated experience in the development and management of asset management plans and cyclic asset maintenance and renewal programs
- Demonstrated ability to understand standard financial reporting, including budgeting, profit & loss, cost benefit analysis and forecasting / projections
- Experience and skills in ensuring safety and risk mitigation in infrastructure planning and delivery
- Experience in effectively project managing delivery of a complex portfolio of infrastructure related projects
- Proven ability to manage a multi-disciplinary team and making decisions within a team environment which progress the project’s desired outcomes
- Proven ability to build positive relationships and consult, negotiate and communicate with all levels of management and staff, government agencies, stakeholders and the community, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cultural change and in leading a strong customer service culture
- The ability to build and maintain cross program relationships will be critical to strategy and policy development
- Ability to perceive the political implications or various decision paths before acting or proven ability to integrate across inter-related programs or groups to achieve outcomes
- Proven ability and experience in managing contractors against specification and service delivery standards
- Demonstrated procurement experience in developing specifications, tendering processes, and effective evaluation
- Demonstrated ability in developing and reviewing policies and procedures relevant to infrastructure, works operations, and related legislative requirements
- A thorough understanding of practices, procedures and outcomes required of a records management system.
- Demonstrated computer skills in the operations of Microsoft Office and various project management, asset management, GIS and related system packages
Culture and Benefits
- Monthly RDO
- A motor vehicle, mobile and laptop
- Relocation package available
- Highly attractive base salary plus additional Super
- Annual health assessment including skin screenings, flu vaccinations and an EAP
Apply now or find out more
If you are ready to register your interest in this role, forward your current resume to email@example.com, via our website at www.daviesstewart.com/job-search, or via the link below, or call 08 8232 8008 for more information. Your confidential application will be acknowledged by email and shortlisted applicants will be contacted by phone.