About the company
Davies Stewart is proudly 100% South Australian owned and operated - this means we know our local market.
Join Davies Stewart and get on our books because we take time to learn about our candidate’s career goals and connect them with organisations and opportunities that are the right fit.
About the role
Successful candidates will be tasked with providing a high level of service whilst undertaking a broad range of Civil and Horticulture activities and duties to ensure that parks, public places and civil infrastructure are developed and maintained in an innovative, consistent, safe and efficient manner for all to enjoy.
- Road and footpath maintenance
- Paving and concreting
- Install and maintain signage and street furniture
- Painting, and Landscaping, tree maintenance, mowing, weeding, graffiti removal, waste management & litter pick-up
- Operate various specialised machinery, tools and equipment relevant to Maintenance and Operations works and demonstrated competency
- Ensure all plant, equipment and tools are maintained in accordance with service schedules and operating procedures
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience in general labouring duties
preferably in at least two of the following areas:
- Parks and gardens construction and maintenance
- Road and footpath maintenance, concrete structures, paving, including estimating quantities
- Town centre and public area maintenance, cleaning and repairs
- Demonstrated competency in the operation of minor plant
and machinery preferable in at least two of the following
- Tractors and ride on mowers
- Bobcats and loaders/backhoes
- Street sweepers and water trucks
- Graders and rollers
- Chainsaws, whipper snippers, blowers etc.
- Work Zone Traffic Management Ticket - desirable
- White Card
- Maintenance of a current drivers licence - essential
- Maintenance of a MR vehicle licence - essential
- Demonstrated experience in providing customer service (desirable)
- Level 2 qualification in civil construction or horticulture (desirable)
Culture & Benefits
- 24 hour Support on your assignments
- We can connect you with a network of clients
- We guarantee complete confidentiality
- We believe in recognition; Staff incentives program
Apply now or find out more
If you are ready to register your interest in this role, forward your current resume to email@example.com, via our website at www.daviesstewart.com/job-search, or via the link below, or call 08 8232 8008 for more information. Your confidential application will be acknowledged by email and shortlisted applicants will be contacted by phone.