Palliative Care South Australia (PCSA) is a not for profit organisation and is the peak body for palliative care in South Australia. Our mission is to influence, foster, and promote the delivery of quality palliative care for all. We advocate for the needs, rights and interests of people who are dying and those who care for them. We bring an independent voice on palliative care issues and have a key role in bringing together service users, practitioners, professionals and the public.
The ED will lead operations and a small staff team in accordance with best practice and will be accountable to the PCSA Board. This is a hands-on role, and requires an individual who can forge and maintain connections within the community, health and media spheres.
This is an opportunity to communicate a vision for the organisation based on the strategic directions endorsed by the Board. You will be afforded with interstate and some international travel opportunities and a vehicle during work hours.
To be considered for this role you will have the capacity to to innovate and to identify and grow new funding opportunities. In particular, candidates will need to be confident in their skills in relating to government, supporting national palliative care sector initiatives. Make a positive difference today!
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Strategic Leadership
- Financial Management and Corporate Governance
- Operational Management
- Human Resource Management
Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in healthcare, business or demonstrated experience at a senior management level is essential
- A good understanding of the Healthcare environment.
- The ability to develop and manage complex relationships and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- A demonstrated understanding of corporate/organisational governance issues including working with a board.
- An outgoing, professional nature and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and well developed presentation skills for use with developing networks, the media and the public.
- Capacity to innovate, identify and grow new funding opportunities for PCSA
- Lead by example in all staff dealings and engender loyalty, respect and a strong commitment to the work of PCSA.
- A current National Police Clearance is required