About the Organisation
The City of Unley is a vibrant and dynamic local council that provides a range of valued and diverse services to the surrounding community. The Council engages with their community across local business initiatives, community events, arts, infrastructure, traffic management, environmental sustainability, community services and volunteering programs.
About the Role
The Assistant to the Mayor provides essential support to the busy office of the Mayor through coordinating administrative processes and undertaking research on a wide range of issues affecting the community. This position is being offered as Part Time for 22.6 hours per week, on a fixed term contract.
- Apply relevant policies, procedures and processes to ensure the appropriate prioritisation and actioning of incoming correspondence, including distribution and delegation to the appropriate officer.
- Undertake research and analysis, identify trends, develop concepts and prepare briefing papers, information materials and reports to support informed decision making.
- Provide professional and timely secretarial support, including diary management, screening and responding to phone queries, organising meetings, minute taking, catering, events and travel coordination
- Coordinate customer issues addressed to the Mayor, including determining priorities, researching background information, drafting appropriate responses and escalating matters as required.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly Mayoral report for the council agenda
- Manage record keeping requirements for the Mayor, ensuring all material is dealt with in accordance with council policies, procedures and legislative obligations.
Skills & Experience:
- Recent experience working in the Local Government as an Executive Assistant
- Hold a current DHS – Child Related Screening and a National Police Clearance
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working in a political environment with a high degree of personal integrity, and the ability to deal diplomatically with sensitive items and liaise confidentially with relevant parties
- Experience in handling complex customer enquiries
- Demonstrated experience in managing competing priorities and meeting deadlines
Culture & Benefits
- Competitive salary and conditions
- Salary sacrifice contributions to your nominated super fund
- Generous support for ongoing education and development
- Complimentary insurance to protect your income
- Comprehensive programs designed to improve your health and wellbeing
Apply now or find out more
If you are ready to register your interest in this role, forward your current resume to email@example.com, via our website at www.daviesstewart.com/job-search, or via the link below, or call 08 8232 8008 for more information. Your confidential application will be acknowledged by email and shortlisted applicants will be contacted by phone.