About the Company
It’s an exciting time in Australia’s Defence industry. The Naval Shipbuilding College is an Australian Government initiative supporting the naval shipbuilding industry and associated supply chain in identifying, and skilling, the workforce needed to build and sustain the Royal Australian Navy’s future fleet.
Culture & Benefits
- Be a part of the biggest Defence program in Australia’s history
- A life-long and rewarding career in a nationwide program providing growth and development pathways.
- An opportunity to contribute to Australia’s naval shipbuilding enterprise and the personal pride in contributing to Australia’s defence capability
- Opportunity to creative, innovative and forward-thinking
- Join an open and supportive team culture
- Professional Development opportunities
About the Role
Reporting to the Workforce Planning Director we are seeking a highly experienced Workforce Planning Data Analyst who can act as a systems subject matter expert to manage data flow between our client and its industry partners and stakeholders. This role will be integral to the provision of quantitative and qualitative analytics to enable NSC to understand industry supply and demand dynamics and determine strategies to address forecasted shortages.
- Use data derived from various external sources, systems and applications to develop workforce reports
- Provide ideas and solutions to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of workforce planning service processes
- Analyse data to identify trends, create and maintain dashboards, design and produce standard and ad-hoc reports and monitor data integrity through analysis and audits
- Identify new ways to mine and utilise data to support workforce planning strategies
- Research external and internal data to prepare benchmarks and report on relevant trends and best practices
- Develop and maintain workforce planning related business, functional and solution requirements documents and artefacts
- Undertake Entity, Process and Data modelling
- Introduce workforce planning business system changes that meet the requirements and expectations of the organisation
- Build tools to use workforce data to bring new and relevant insights
- Analyse and correct errors and ensure proper quality controls are in place
- Address ad-hoc data or continuous improvement related business requests
- Collate data for various executive, industry and government reports
- Provide advice and support to stream leaders in the establishment, execution and ongoing review and enhancement of workforce development related activities
- Comply with all company WHS&E policies and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with all policies, procedures and processes associated with your role and any subordinate roles.
- Work constructively and effectively with stakeholders on issues pertaining to workforce planning systems and workforce data.
- Engage with internal staff, external stakeholders and a number of external IT vendors to help identify technical needs aligned with the industry’s strategic direction
Skills and Experience
- Significant experience across configuration management with Human Resources (HR) related systems, specifically workforce planning
- Statistics Degree, Human Resources related Degree or Diploma
- Demonstrated working knowledge of HR systems and processes
- Demonstrated capabilities in extracting data from various systems and applications to develop and report on performance measures
- Proven data analysis capability in identifying trends for reporting purposes
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerBI skills and database management experience
- Proven ability to capture complex requirements through workshops, undertaking detailed user research and analysis of business / technical requirements across HR related projects.
- Expertise in working with Enterprise Architects and IT Professionals to gather requirements, develop and translate functional specifications and produce concise non –technical documentation
- Interest and aptitude in development of predictive HR analytics
Apply now and find out more
To register your interest in this role, forward your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, via our website at www.daviesstewart.com/job-search, or via the link below, or call 08 8232 8008 for more information. Your confidential application will be acknowledged with an email from us explaining our process