Davies Stewart is excited to announce we are currently recruiting a Civil Team Member for the City of Norwood, Payneham & St. Peters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Undertake a variety of tasks involved in the maintenance of the City's road, footpath and drainage infrastructure and associated items
- Various tasks involved in minor civil construction activities, such as the construction of driveway crossovers, pram ramp installations and footbridge repairs; working with bitumen, asphalt, concrete, paving blocks and associated materials.
- Pothole patching, road pavement repairs, kerb and watertable reconstruction, footpath paving, sign installations and collection of illegally dumped hard rubbish.
- Removal and installation of road and street signs
- Setting out work zone traffic management signs and devices
Skills & Experience:
- MR truck license
- Work zone traffic management certificate
- Trade certificate in a field relevant to the position (desirable)
- Plant competencies (depending on classification): skid steer loader (LS), front end loader (LL), backhoe (LB), forklift (LF).
- Good time management and organisational skills
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- High level of knowledge of civil works best practice
- General knowledge of the principles of Occupational Health and Safety
Requirements for successful candidate:
- Successful candidates will be required to sit a Drug & Alcohol test.
- Successful candidates will be required to gain a DHS Working with Children Clearance.
Apply now and find out more
Sounds interesting? Please click the apply button to register your interest with your resume, ideally in word format
For more information or a confidential chat, please feel free to call us on 08 8232 8008
To stay updated regarding our job opportunities or positions of interest, follow us by clicking the link below: