About the company
Foodbank is Australia’s largest food relief organisation, operating on a scale that makes it crucial to the work of front-line charities that are feeding vulnerable Australians. Foodbank provides 77 million meals a year (210,000 meals a day) to more than 2,600 charities around the country, accounting for 79% of all food received by charities from food rescue organisations.
Culture & Benefits
- Australia’s largest food relief organisation
- Salary Sacrifice option
- Friendly, happy, and supportive culture
- Branch located in Whyalla
About the role
Based in Whyalla, you will be the Branch Manager for a small team. You will represent Foodbank SA to local charity groups throughout the region, maintaining and establishing’s those relationships. This is very much a varied operational role, including the management and sourcing of local volunteers, supply chain management, finance and administration reporting.
- Customer Service and management
- Employee and volunteer management
- Supply chain management, food sourcing, delivery and inventory control
- Asset management
- Finance and administration reporting
- Deliver against key performance metrics as set by Foodbank SA
- Participation in projects or initiatives as required, this includes ad hock provision of support to works streams to ensure the best possible outcomes for Foodbank customers.
- Always adhere to the organisation’s values and code of conduct.
- You will build a positive and excellent workplace culture
Skills and experience
- Warehouse and inventory management
- Food and/or Retail experience, highly desirable
- Ability to build effective and collaborative relationships in a small team
- Confident in handling sensitive information
- Proven and demonstrated organisational and time management skills, prioritising as required
- The ability to work autonomously
- You are able work to tight times frames and work under pressure
- Must have the ability to respond to changing role requirements
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Be proactive, positive and empathic
- Forklift License, or willing to be trained
- National Police Clearance
Apply now and find out more
If you are ready to register your interest in this role, forward your current resume to email@example.com, via our website at www.daviesstewart.com/job-search, or via the link below, or call 08 8232 8008 for more information. Your confidential application will be acknowledged by email and shortlisted applicants will be contacted by phone.