Our client is located in George Streets, Strand Arcade, which is one of the busiest streets in the central business district of Sydney. This beautiful store has been recently renovated and refurbished to make room for growth.
About the role:
- Work a total of 1 weekend a month (1 Sat / 1 Sunday)
- 33% staff discount on all products after 3 months
- Receive funding towards employment related training after 6 months
- Lead to achieve your store specific incentive programs
- Work off a 4 week roster - You can plan ahead!
- Annual & sick leave benefits
As the Assistant Store Manager, your role will support the Manager of the retail store to ensure profit and sales objectives are achieved through the highest level of customer care, promotion and marketing, while effectively monitoring expenses. In addition, the Assistant Manager will form a leadership team with the Store Manager and together will develop the stores team members.
- Certificate 3 in Retail Operations/Supervision or willingness to achieve same
- Experience in leading/developing a retail team
- Understanding of stock management and work process flows
- Outstanding customer focus and service skills with a commitment to developing and maintaining it to the highest of standards
- Computer and numerical literacy
- Ability to develop and train team members
- Proven flair for merchandising
- Ability to work in an organised manner within time constraints and to a high standard
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to undertake further training and develop further professionally
- Professional level of personal presentation and conduct
- Act as a role model for all team members
- Strong commitment to the company and its focus on quality
To be successful in this role you will have a demonstrated ability to succeed in the face of adversity and a commitment to participative management and team work.