About the company
Parks and Leisure Australia (PLA) is the leading industry association for professionals in the sector, serving the industry for over 90 years and is governed by a national board comprising representatives from five regions and co-opted members who provide specific professional skills.
Through a broad range of services they support members to provide opportunities that strengthen communities through good use of leisure time for the social, environmental, economic and physical well being of all Australians.
Culture & Benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Permanent, Full time role
- Eastern Suburbs location
- Parking onsite
About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and skilled Marketing and Communications Officer to join the team. The position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer of PLA to deliver and oversee all national marketing, communications, and digital activities for the organisation.
- Continue to build the PLA brands identity as a strong member-based organisation with social growth
- Preparation and management of digital assets for PLA including the Website, Google Ads, Socials, EDM's
- Creation of all external communication content
- Management and building of strong agency relationships - for projects and as required
- Create and be responsible for the implementation of the yearly Marketing and Communications strategy
- Identify, prioritise, and secure sponsorship opportunities that align with the PLA brand
- Manage all national sponsors to deliver contractual obligations (nationally and liaise with regions) and report on national sponsorships
- Website development and ongoing management
- Management and coordination of Industry Journal - Australasian Parks and Leisure Journal Publication
- Work with the Professional Development and Products and Services coordinators to develop and design brief and content for micro sites, manage web developers and promotion of programs, events, products and services
- Assist with development, direction and management of Membership strategy (both in the recruitment and retainment of members)
- Implement and deliver regular reports that track outcomes of campaigns, ad strategies and communicating effectively to management
Skills and experience
- Bachelor of Marketing & Communications (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role of 5+ years
- Strong communication skills
- Stakeholder engagement
- Ability to work under pressure, working on multiple projects, have close attention to detail and meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong experience of current digital communication channels, software and applications
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a small team environment
- Would be advantageous to be familiar with Office 365 work environment, Microsoft Teams, Sponsorship and member based platforms
Apply now and find out more
To register your interest in this role, forward your current resume to email@example.com, via our website at www.daviesstewart.com/job-search, or via the link below, or call 08 8232 8008 for more information. Your confidential application will be acknowledged with an email from us explaining our process.