About the company
The City of Unley is a vibrant and dynamic local council that provides a range of valued and diverse services to the surrounding community. Based on the city fringe, less than 4 kilometres from the Adelaide CBD, the Council engages with their community across local business initiatives, community events, arts, environmental sustainability, community services and volunteering programs.
They are passionate leaders in many fields and believe that what they do makes a positive difference to their community. The position is located at the Unley Civic Centre and offers a great working lifestyle with its proximity to parks, shopping centres, restaurants and cafes.
Culture & Benefits
- Full time hours Mon-Fri 9am-5pm on a fixed term contract until March 2023
- Salary sacrifice contributions to your nominated Superannuation fund
- Generous support for your ongoing education and development
- Complimentary insurance to protect your income
- Comprehensive programs designed to improve your health and wellbeing
- A great workplace culture to be a part of!
About the Role
Reporting to the Executive Assistant to the CEO and Mayor, the Administrative Support Officer offers an exciting opportunity to be involved in the administrative operations of the Office of the CEO. The ideal candidate will be an experienced administrator and have a passion for customer service. You must have great problem-solving skills and highly proactive with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Preparation of agendas/minutes, associated documentation, presentations and follow up action items
- Responding to customer enquiries via phone, mail and email
- Event coordination, travel arrangements, meeting room preparation and catering
- Diary management, scheduling and coordinating appointments, prioritising requests and issuing and responding to invitations
- General admin tasks - Printing, photocopying, scanning, filing, registering and archiving documents within the EDRMS.
- Coordinating mail outs, collating and formatting letters and correspondence.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience providing administrative support in an executive office environment
- Experience in preparing written correspondence consistent with professional standards
- Ability to handle complex, sensitive and confidential information and manage customer enquiries
- Experience with meetings arrangements including agendas and minute taking
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and a high-level of computer literacy
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and written communication skills
- A strong customer focus and excellent customer service skills
- A commitment to maintaining confidentiality and managing sensitive information appropriately
- Knowledge of the structure, functions and processes of Local Government
Apply now and find out more
To register your interest in this role, forward your current resume to email@example.com, via our website at www.daviesstewart.com/job-search, or via the link below, or call 08 8232 8008 for more information. Your confidential application will be acknowledged with an email from us explaining our process.